Sunday 1 December 2019

Windscreen

Windscreen 

A lot of thought and permutations have gone into the design of the windscreen frame.  Design was starting to get out of control with too many complicated curves, eventually I had to get a grip of myself and simplify it ðŸ˜‚
I have decided to use a combination of 18mm plywood and red pine. Mainly because that’s the materials I have at hand. As you all know by now, to build one of these is bloody expensive ðŸ˜‚ so you need to use what you’ve got.
I am going to bend a length of 20mm tube and attach this to the back side of the plywood hoop, it will also be attached to the side panels all the way down to the deck.
After a lot of time on youtube researching what to use for the screen I have settled on 3mm Acrylic. I’ve hade a bit of practice with the heat gun and the drilling machine and believe I can do this without too much fuss ðŸ˜‰
The way I’ve designed the screen,  I think the curves are quite slow so I’m not expecting too much stress on the Acrylic sheet.
I’m going to go for a fully enclosed cockpit.


No comments:

Post a Comment