Sunday 1 December 2019

Thrust duct continued

The thrust duct continued

With the underside of the hull complete and the skirt on, the hover has been lifted off the trestles and is now sitting in pride of place in the centre of the workshop floor.
At last the thrust duct is in place ðŸ˜Š I hooked the duct up to the hoist, manoeuvred it into position and spent a lot of time making sure it was level in every direction, and I mean a lot of time ðŸ˜‚ I had to get this right. It’s beginning to look like a hovercraft now and not an ironing board ðŸ˜‚
It took me a little time to work out where the flat spot was to be cut, then the penny dropped (clang) ðŸ˜‚😂
So that’s it glued and set in place, it still needs to be glassed to the hull.
It’s November here in Scotland and there’s a hard frost, I have five electric heaters in the workshop and can only get the temperature up to 12 degrees c today, so definitely no glueing happening anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment