Sunday 27 October 2013

Welding

Today was a good day, the engine jig finished and I started welding. All has gone to plan so far

All parts done, and now the frame needs to be assembled. This is another tricky stage in the build - I need to make sure that the holes for the engine match up. I do have the engine, so I can turn it upside down to bolt the side rails on; that will give me an exact template for making sure that the distance between the right and left rails is spot on.
The rear of the frame is also a little tricky as it is at a rakish angle!

The next stage is the engine frame mounts, 4 pieces of round tube of about 48mm x 40. They need a washer welded into the centre - I was thinking about using 15mm neoprene and devcon flexane 94 to secure them into place, or to mould new mounts just using the devcon flexane 94. I am open to suggestions on engine mounts if anyone has a better idea!
Today's photo is by my glamorous assistant Daisy.

Welding the engine frame on the jig

No comments:

Post a Comment